10 Reasons To Catch The Archie Bronson Outfit
In which we give you ten reasons that you need to see one of Britain’s most amazing upcoming bands.
1. They used to perform on stage accompanied by an illuminated plastic goose. Yup.
2. There are three of them so that definitely constitutes an outfit. Actual wearing of outfits is subject to change.
3. Pitchfork described them as ‘having a winning way with a tired genre.’
4. That genre is a mix of rock and dance beats that has won them many critical plaudits over the years. Uncut called them ‘ear shatteringly good’. Need more reasons?
5. Okay, here’s another one. Their second album was called Derdang Derdang. Enough said.
6. They all studied at art school. Good bands come from art school. See also: The Beatles, Blur, Talking Heads.
7. They have a song called Kangaroo Heart, it’s one of their best singles. If you’re lucky, they’ll play it tomorrow night. Check it out!
8. It’s the opening weekend of the festival and they’re the last act to hit. You just know they’re going to rock the place out and send us into Monday with shaking limbs and happy hearts.
9. As witnessed by Mick Flannery’s gig last night, the atmosphere in the Set is electric when there’s a packed house. Pack this house!
10. Archie Bronson is an amazing name. Although none of the members are called that. Don’t let that put you off though!
The Archie Bronson Outfit play Set Theatre tomorrow night at 8pm.