James Stephens Barracks
Photo credit Kilkenny County Library
The barracks were built by James Switser on land provided by the Earl of Ormond as part of the response to the Irish Rebellion. The barracks were handed over to the forces of the Irish Free State in 1922 and renamed after James Stephens, the Irish Republican leader. They are now the home to the 3rd Infantry Battalion, Irish Army.
Venue is wheelchair accessible.
Parking is available at this venue.