Kilfane Glen & Waterfall
2016 is the first time that Kilkenny Arts Festival will use Kilfane Glen and Waterfall as a venue.
Behind the Dark will take place here from August 9-13 at 10pm & 11.15pm. There will be a Behind the Dark Bus Service running to and from the venue nightly. Please note that this bus must be booked prior to the event in the Box Office or here. Bus times and other information can be found on the Behind the Dark bus service event page,
Kilfane Glen and Waterfall is a pristine example of a romantic era garden dating from the 1790s. Untouched for 200 years, it is a picturesque paradise with a waterfall tumbling its way to a rushing stream and woodland paths leading to a cottage orné. Tiny bridges sit among ancient trees, wild fox-gloves, ferns and other historically correct 18th century planting.
The garden is listed as an Irish Heritage garden and was awarded assistance in 1993 by the European Union Cultural Commission. As an amenity it covers about 15 acres of easily accessible natural landscape. We are open to the public daily from 11am to 6pm from July 1st to August 31st. We charge an admission fee to the garden of €7 per person to keep the garden maintained. Reductions are available for students, OAPs and families.
1. From Kilkenny Castle drive out the Castle Rd to the Bennettsbridge Roundabout
2 Take the second exit on the roundabout, onto the R700.
3. Follow the R700 over the river at Bennettsbridge Town.
4. Take a right immediately over the bridge, then take the next left onto Station Rd.
5. Follow the road into Kilfane.
6. Take a right onto the R448, and then the next left.
7. Continue along the road until Kilfane Glen and Waterfall, on your right.
Parking is available at the venue.