Home Rule Club
Home Rule Clubs were once widespread throughout Ireland, and we are proud to be the last remaining one in the country. The Club was formed in 1894 to support the Irish Home Rule movement. Today, the Club has no affiliations to any political party and is used as a social club. It is a hub for many social and cultural activities within the city, and hosts exhibitions, classes, concerts and other events.
The present building was originally a boarding school for young ladies founded by Mrs. Pack in High Street in 1813. She and her two daughters had moved their establishment to the three-storey, five-bay, detached Georgian building on John’s Quay by 1831. Mrs. Packs school became the Home Rule Club in February 1897 when the Club leased the building following the collapse of an outside wall of its first premises in Arch House, on Patrick Street. They subsequently purchased the building in 1926 for £400.
This venue is wheelchair friendly. If you require wheelchair seating, please contact the Festival Box Office on +353 56 7752175.
Parking available in Dunne's Store car park and John's Quay car park