The Watergate Theatre
Situated at the site of one of the 12 city gates, the Watergate Theatre is a centre for the performing and visual arts. The comfortable 328-seat theatre is an intimate venue for artists and audience alike and plays an important role in the cultural life of Kilkenny.
- Please be assured that we are fully committed to making your visit as safe and enjoyable as possible during these times and so we have put
the following procedures in place:
- With our new seating plan we have ensured there are 2 metres between all parties throughout the auditorium. You will notice that some seats will be marked with a sign to ensure these seats remain empty.
- The wearing of face masks is now mandatory; we ask audience members to please arrive at the theatre with your own mask. Members of staff will be equipped with one also.
- Theatre staff will assist from a distance to help you to your seat(s) as soon as you arrive at the theatre.
- We have displayed written notices throughout the theatre along with verbal announcements within the auditorium to guide you during your visit.
- Hand sanitisers are situated on entry to the theatre, at the box office, the end of the stairs and inside the auditorium.
- We are required to retain your contact details on booking to assist with contact tracing should it be required in future. We can assure you that your information will be protected by GDPR protocols at all times.
- Should you require toilet facilities during your visit, there will be a member of staff situated in the foyer to ensure that a limited number of people use the facilities at any one time.
- There is a one-way system in operation on entry or exit to the auditorium; our well-situated signs will guide you on arrival.
- Once the event has ended, we ask our audience to respect social distancing as we exit individuals from the front of the theatre first.
- Unfortunately, at this time we are unable to offer our Gallery Bar service. We apologise for any inconvenience.
This venue is wheelchair friendly. If you require wheelchair seating, please contact the Festival Box Office on +353 (0)56 7752175.
Limited parking available at the Watergate Theatre Car Park. Please use nearby Black Abbey, St Canice’s Church and Market Yard car parks.